First of all, holy crap. For the first time in a long time, I actually have a full five-day IJG tour planned out more than two months in advance. Not sure if it's just blind luck, or I'm getting better at this, or what. In any case, we'll be hitting (and hopefully converting) the Pacific Northwest right after Labor Day this year. Here is the order of events:
September 2: Jewel Box Theater (Seattle, WA).
September 3: Cozmic Pizza (Eugene, OR).
September 4: Le Voyeur (Olympia, WA).
September 5: Mississippi Pizza (Portland, OR).
September 6: Seasons (Yakima, WA).
Times and other specifics TBA. For now, I can tell you that we'll most likely be sharing the bill with the great Baby Gramps in Seattle, and at least one (and probably several) of the subsequent shows will be mutual efforts with our old friends (and fellow dadaists) Reptet. Oh yes, and we'll most likely be doing a live recording at PDX-area jazz station KMHD, probably toward the end of the week. This courtesy of one of our biggest advocates, Mary Burlingame (thanks, Mary!).
So you see, I've been busy.
* * * * *
On to the mux. No IJG-related stuff this week -- but more is in the queue, so stay tuned. For now, here's the playlist:
1. Kria Brekkan: "Gomul Visa um Vorid"
2. My Morning Jacket: "Bermuda Highway"
3. The Rosie Taylor Project: "London Pleasures"
4. The Mars Volta: "Wax Simulacra"
5. Frank Zappa: "Camarillo Brillo"
6. Run DMC: "Slow and Low" (demo version)
7. Clyde Arnold: "Black Smoke and Blue Tears"
8. The Continental Cousins: "Kana Kapila"
9. Gil Scott-Heron: "Lady Day and John Coltrane"
10. Mahmoud Ahmed: "Aynotche Terabu"
11. The Monkees: "Sunny Girlfriend"
12. James: "Destiny Calling"
Google what you like. Ignore what you hate.