Saturday, March 19, 2011

Get what's needed



This image was taken by my beautiful wife. It's a misplaced "to do" list that she found in a shopping cart at the local Fred Meyer store. Is there a name for this genre?

"Get what's needed": isn't that pretty much the upshot of everything? The meaning of life, even?

Ah, the flotsam and jetsam that we leave in the world, often without even realizing it. I sometimes wonder about the confusion I would inflict upon an unsuspecting reader if they were to happen upon one of my lost notebooks.

3 comments:

David Ocker said...

A Found Object? (I live near a high school. I find lots of good "found objects" which fall out of backpacks to the sidewalk.)

Vikram Devasthali said...

"Get what's needed" covers it for some people; for others, "revile what's needed" does the trick, and for still others, "ignore what's needed".

Andrew Durkin said...

@David Yes, I love this sort of thing. So many mysteries in their texts...

@Vikram That's brilliant--though I thought we had agreed you were going to be the voice of optimism here?