Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Here it goes again

Okay, talk about crazy. Recently, for the first time in, like, ever, a venue saw fit to contact me about doing a New Year's Eve gig.

New Year's Eve with the IJG? Is that really how you want to start 2009?

I must admit, I accepted more out of curiosity than anything else. Would anybody want to usher in the New Year in such a sacrilegious way? Would we be able to capitalize on the buzz created by the show we did here in Portland last September? Would I find enough local players to fill out the band on such short notice? Could I get away with covering "Have a Hap-Hap-Happy New Year" from Rudolph's Shiny New Year? Would my Mom (visiting from out of town for the holidays) be horrified by the big band version of the IJG, which she has never before heard in person?

So many questions. Maybe I'll see you there for the answers:

The Industrial Jazz Group (the mostly PDX edition) on New Year's Eve, right here in Portland, 6-8 PM, at Mississippi Pizza. (Which is, incidentally, a much cooler place than it sounds. It features pretty prominently in this video.)


More info soon.

No comments: