Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday Muxtape, no. 1

Gonna try and start a regular thing here...

This weekend's Muxtape.

Or, a short compendium of some of the things I've been listening to this week.

(There's no accounting for taste, right?)

Anyway, the tracks, for better or worse, and in no particular order:

1. Eddy Arnold: "Cattle Call"

2. Regina Music Box: "Ein Madchen oder Weibchen"

3. Deerhoof: "Apple Bomb"

4. Do Make Say Think: "Auberge Le Moutin Noir"

5. April Stevens: "Teach Me Tiger"

6. Industrial Jazz Group: "Should I Play in the Industrial Jazz Group or in Christina Aguilera's Band?"

7. The Beau Brummels: "Turn Around"

8. Erik Satie: "Sonatine Bureaucratique"

9. Syd Barrett: "Octopus"

10. Ruth White: "Lover's Wine"

11. Malignon Music Box: "Una voce poco fa"

12. Al Jolson / Cab Calloway: "I Love to Sing-a"


Ca va?

Maybe for the next one I'll manage to add commentary... or some actual jazz!

2 comments:

mrG said...

It is a fun little web gadget, isn't it. Simple and brilliant, I hope the record industry grasps the cultural value of it.

For my own muxtape I wrote a fun little Linux script that uses random.org to pull up selections; if you like, I can send you a copy of it.

Andrew Durkin said...

Great mix... er, mux! Thanks for reminding me of the wonders of the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, among other artists...

As for the record industry -- I ain't gonna hold my breath! But we'll see...

And sure, I'd be interested in checking out your script (though I can't promise I'll be able to figure out how to use it) -- contact info is at the IJG website.

Thanks for checking in!