Sunday, March 23, 2008

Here we go again

So, yeah, we're off. The whole Califor-ny-a tour. Can't wait to dig into this one... new music, some new players, some great old friends -- it'll be a helluva week. And it'll be trippy to be back in the land of milk and honey, after my first full year as a Portlander (where the color is green, and the atmosphere is moist -- which is kind of not how it is in CA). And I may actually get to read a book or two while on the road, so that'll be nice.

You know the schedule. Come out if you can! We'd love to see you!

The only drag is that my laptop crapped out on me recently -- so that minimizes my blogging opportunities. I may have a chance to check in a few times to share some pix or what-have-you... we'll see.

Let me tide you over with this so-wrong-it's-right Joel McHale quote, ganked from that silly Entertainment Weekly, and uttered in response to some poor American Idol kid's forgetting of the lyrics to some Beatles tune: "Congratulations, Yoko Ono, assassins, cancer, and one-legged gold diggers: You're no longer the worst thing to happen to the Beatles."

Zounds! I hope I don't forget the names of any of the fantastic musicians who are playing with us this week. Here they are:

Damon Zick, Gavin Templeton, Evan Francis, Cory Wright, Brian Walsh, Kasey Knudsen, Adam Schroeder, Gabriel Sundy, Paul Perez, Tom Griesser (saxes)

Stephanie Richards, Kris Tiner, Darren Johnston, Dan Rosenboom (trumpets)

Mike Richardson, Ian Carroll (bone)

Dan Schnelle (drums), Oliver Newell (bass)

Jill Knapp, Tany Ling (vocals)

Yee haw!

No comments: