Monday, August 04, 2008

Songs don't make people gay. People do.

Clif at the brilliant Sadly, No! (or is that "the brilliant Clif at Sadly, No!"?) links to and skewers this annoying religious article about the Katy Perry song that all the kids are listening to these days (you knew it was bound to happen, right?).

"How long," asks Johnnie Moore, the author of said article, "will all these media moguls be allowed to sit around board room tables and make decisions that alter the healthy development of our nation’s kids?"

Oy. How I wish people would get that self-righteous about the thing that really bothers me about the song: it sucks.

Anyway, my favorite Clif quotes:

"What happened to the good old days when you had to suck cock (or, for the ladies, eat pussy) to become a homosexual?"

And:

"Query: if kissing can make you gay, how come kissing a girl didn’t make me straight?"

Can I get an amen?

(Via Balloon Juice.)

2 comments:

matt said...

Jill Sobule kissed a girl back in 1995. I didn't care then, and I sure don't care now. I pity the current generation of teens & tweens. They are being fed the shittiest, most plastic, faux-rebellious garbage ever. It's not even culture--it's one giant commercial, with all genres reduced to their lowest common denominator.

Or maybe I'm just showing my age and being a grump.

Andrew Durkin said...

Or maybe I'm just showing my age and being a grump.

Well, if you are, you came to the right place!