Sunday, November 25, 2007

New acronyms

Proposed, this 25th day of November, in the year of our bored, two thousand and seven:

GOYFAK: "Get off your fat ass, kid." Inspired by this. (Thanks to my dear wife for the link.) I know, I know, there is pedaling involved, but come on!

GOYFAM: "Get off your fat ass, musician." Inspired by this and this. (It's an idea that would certainly solve some of the logistical problems of running a big band... but would the performance be any good?)

IRTFMIIMEALS: "I'd read the fucking manual if it made even a little sense." Inspired by this. (Thanks, Ann Bartow.) I could just as easily have cited any manual that comes with an IKEA product.

1 comment:

matt said...

Hilarious! I'm a junky for tortured English and mangled translations.

Fast Ether Lord sound like a cyber-death-metal group, with their album entitled Fucking Net Ascending.