Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Large Hiney Vehicle

The latest IJG video is now up:



This is the third pre-release video from our upcoming album. The (Bimhuis) audio is a rough mix (and includes a little audio "tag" not on the album version), and the video is a rough assemblage of clips from the Netherlands, Ohio, and Bakersfield (all recorded in 07). All footage was shot by either myself or Matt Lichtenwalner -- except for the animation, which was taken from a traffic safety film now in the public domain.

As was the case with our earlier videos, my attempts to sync up the performance video and the music (or even to match players with their respective solos) were hopelessly confounded by a comparative dearth of source material. So at some point I gave up trying and decided to just enjoy the resulting discrepancies. But for the record: the bone solo near the end is Wolter Wierbos, and the tenor solo right after that is Katharina Thomsen. (My apologies to them.) Oh yeah, and the spoken word tag is by Mike Richardson, with yours truly on piano.

Maybe someday I'll have the resources to do somethin ' a little more sophistimacated (like a full-on concert film... drool...).

In the meantime, I must leave you with this warning: this video is not safe for work. Unless your work is fucking cool.

8 comments:

avatarr8 said...

Song and video are fan-fucking-tastic! And you didn't even have to spend $120,000 on a film degree!
Speaking of education:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/overfunded_public_school

MrLich said...

Oh man. This is such a tease. I want so badly to watch this but I'm going to be at work for another 7 hours. ;)

Thanks for the props sir.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS! Dude, this is freakin' awesome!

Jennifer Hunter said...

Very fun. The only thing I would add is more closeups of Jill singing in the first half.

Jeff K. said...

While I thought the song was nice, it was the 1:12 tribute to John Cage at the end that really did it for me.

(That and the stomp at the end of the tune that cut between the frantic toy cars and my sister driving.)

Andrew Durkin said...

Thanks for watching, all.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to tell you... Trainor's kid calls this song "Big Butt Truck." Slays me every time she says it.

matt said...

Very cool! I like the cartoon where the driver sees danger, and the impulse to shit himself flows from brain to spine and then runs down his leg.