Friday, March 02, 2007

Q & A

Q: How many band-related emails have you sent out today, Mr. Durkin?

A: 26, starting at about 5 AM.

Q: It is now 12 noon. How many emails-per-hour is that?

A: Almost 4.

Q. Were these quickie-emails, usually comprised of a word or two?

A. Nope.

Q. Were they complex emails, usually involving some careful working-out of important details?

A. Often.

Q. I guess that's what you get for booking nine gigs in three months, two countries, and seven cities, with five different versions of the group.

A. Is that a question?

Q. Do your fingers hurt?

A. Yup.

Q. Are you crazy?

A. Yup.

Q. Do you love your life?

A. Yup.

Q. Why do you continue to type, even though you're taking a break?

A. Notice I am only typing one-word answers.

1 comment:

Kris Tiner said...

I feel your pain. I sent exactly 20 today, concerning rehearsals tomorrow, gigs in August (!), and CD manufacturing. But that's less than one per hour on average, and I haven't started interviewing myself yet.