Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The words were so alike

It was a crappy morning until I saw this typo in my inbox, c/o Amazon.com:

"We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Love Cry by Spyro Gyra have also purchased Live On The Riviera by Albert Ayler."

Because, 1. you know, I love Spyro Gyra, and have actually purchased albums by them from Amazon.com -- said albums help me feel all tropical and shit; and 2. Albert Ayler and Spyro Gyra are so very similar. Ayler was a terribly, terribly big influence on the Spyros...

(Wow, that was quite snark-tastic, even for me. Sorry, it was a long night...)

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hahaha! Awesome. I'm reminded of a few weeks ago when I buddy told me that Amazon recommended a Jack Johnson album after he purchased a late-career John Fahey record.

Andrew Durkin said...

Ha! Thanks for the comment, Jim.

I love genre-bending, but these are ridiculous!