Sunday, January 11, 2009

Once again, I have to play catch up



I blogged a little bit elsewhere about the IJG New Year's Eve gig. And here's a pointless reposting of the short video I put up last week:



The show was actually a lot more raucous than that, but I wasn't able to record any of the rest of it. So you'll just have to trust me when I say that the band played really well -- especially given the fact that a good chunk of the musicians were brand new to the IJG schtick (click the link above for the full personnel list).

Anyway, thanks to everyone who played, and everyone who came out to hear us. We hope that, in our own small way, we got 2009 off to an irreverent but auspicious start.

Next up: I'm writing a piece for the Portland Jazz Composer's Ensemble, run by Andrew Oliver and Gus Slayton. The concert will be Tuesday, Feb. 17 at 7:30 PM at the Old Church. You know: during the 2009 Portland Jazz Festival. (I think "during" means "in tandem with," but I'm not entirely sure about that.) Tickets are available here.

And then we're back in California the first week of April. I can't wait.

[Image source.]

No comments: