Monday, September 01, 2008

Never a dull whatever

If you know me at all, you know I'm dying to comment on the political events of the past ten days. Would that I had the fucking time. I've got a tour this week, by gum!

That's right, Pacific Northwesters, an authentic version of the IJG is coming this week to a venue near you -- Tuesday in Seattle, Wednesday in Eugene, Thursday in Olympia, Friday in Portland, and Saturday in Yakima. (Click the preceding link for details.)

I'll try to pseudo-live-blog it, in my typical pseudo-live-blogging way.

In the meantime, check out the new (and vastly improved) IJG website. I really had very little to do with this. Which is why it looks so awesome. (Kudos to Jill and Matt.)

And as for the political thing -- one quote that stuck with me this week was Gore Vidal discussing the Republicans on the Rachel Maddow show: "We're not up against a political party. We're up against a mafia."

I wrote a little anti-McCain tune for this tour -- we'll see if we actually get to it.

Whee!

No comments: