Thursday, January 03, 2008

More fun with the PDX Craig's List

Hilarious:

I have been hailed as the greatest guitar player in the world. I'd like to hook up with 16 other guitarists to make a 17 piece guitar band called "Guitar-o-rama". I have looked the name up and it is not taken. I feel like the type of music played is inconsequential as 17 guitarists playing at once will splatter everyone's brains onto the venue's floors. I've already got 3 coffee shops pretty much locked into doing a gig. Obviously you see where I'm going with this.

Please respond to this with a cover letter, references and resume to be considered.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.


I actually like the concept here (though of course it's already been done, in one way or another).

And then there's this:

Musicians are assholes

Ya you heard me right!!!! . My girl left me for a dam drummer today, and he is ugly. she met him at a bar that he played at last night . he is just going to use her like you all do and then dump her with a STD. I have a real job , a nice car and I am romantic, and a very nice guy with a real job So I just want you all to know that I am going to spread the word about you Musicians. SO take your drum sticks and guitar picks and put them in your ASS

Location: HELL


[Sic.]

Thanks, fellas, for making the gig-searching process that much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

matt said...

One of Glenn Branca's recent symphonies is scored for 100 guitars. A Crimson Grail by Rhys Chatham is for 400 guitars. "Wall of sound" seems too weak to describe such immense vibrations--true bodymusic.

Happy New Year!

Andrew Durkin said...

Wow, those sound cool -- I'll have to check 'em out. Thanks for the tip.

Happy happy to you too!